Grow my spouse's super

If your spouse has a low income you can receive a tax rebate of up to $540 each financial year by adding money to their account. To be eligible for a full rebate your spouse must earn $37,000 or less in the financial year you contribute money on their behalf and you must add $3,000 or more. For a partial rebate your spouse must earn less than $40,000 in the financial year you contribute money on their behalf. Contributions can be made as a one-off transfer, or a recurring payment. 

Make payment by BPAY ®

Biller code: 333 567
Reference: Your spouse's account number*. 

* If you’re not sure of your spouse’s account number, the account holder can give us a call on 13 64 63.


To claim the tax offset, you need to complete the ‘Spouse details’ question, and the ‘Superannuation contributions on behalf of your spouse section’ question on your tax return.

Keep in mind

If your spouse is over 65, you can only add money to their super if they meet the work test or the exemption applies. To confirm your spouse is eligible, please send us an At work declaration form when you make a payment to their super. You can’t add money to your spouse’s super once they turn 70.

Find out more about eligibility rules from the ATO.

If you’re unsure, don’t forget we’re here to help. You can give us a call on 13 64 63 or email

If your needs are more complex, we can put you in touch with a financial adviser from Mine Super Financial Advice.  

® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518