Lodging a complaint

Complaints procedure

If you have any issues or complaints about your account with Mine Super, please contact us on 13 MINE (13 64 63) or +61 (02) 4948 3333 and we'll try to resolve your matter promptly. If we can't resolve the issue to your satisfaction, you may lodge a formal complaint to the Complaints Officer.


Complete the online form and select 'complaint' under Type of enquiry.

By mail

Complaints Officer
Mine Superannuation Fund 
PO Box 9
Newcastle NSW 2300

If you need help to write your complaint, a Mine Super service officer can help you either by phone or in person (by appointment only).

The Complaints Officer will formally review your complaint and forward a response as soon as possible within 90 days (maximum time allowed). If your complaint still isn't finalised to your satisfaction or a response isn't received within 90 days, you have the right to pursue your complaint with the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal (SCT).

The SCT is an independent body set up by the government to resolve complaints by super fund members or their beneficiaries. The SCT will attempt conciliation between the super fund and the member or beneficiaries. If the matter isn't then resolved, the SCT may make a review decision that’s binding on both parties. The SCT can only decide on matters that have first been through Mine Super's internal complaints procedure.

Contact the SCT

Phone: 1300 884 114
Mail: Locked Bag 3060 Melbourne VIC 3001 
Email: info@sct.gov.au
Website: www.sct.gov.au