AUSCOAL Superannuation Pty Ltd collects personal information, including sensitive information, about Mine Wealth and Wellbeing Superannuation Fund members, beneficiaries and other people during the benefit claim process. This Collection Notice relates only to personal information collected during the benefit claims process. Personal information collected at other times is subject to other Collection Notices.
The personal information we collect about you during the claim process may include:
- information you provide us in forms you complete, such as your full name, date of birth, contact details, financial information, bank details, health information, information on incidents giving rise to a claim, employment details, relationship information and other information we may require
- sensitive health and opinion information contained in doctors and other health professionals' reports
- facts or opinions included in supporting or rebutting material, eg statutory declarations
- information you may provide from time to time through contact with us, whether via email or through discussions by telephone or other correspondence
- information collected about you from third parties, eg from our insurer, employers or the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
- information you provide to us during the course of your contact with us on a matter, such as an enquiry, compliment or complaint, and
- information collected from you by third party service providers.
We're authorised under various laws, including the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act, Corporations Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act and the Insurance Contracts Act, to collect relevant information about you.
2. Use and purpose
We collect your personal information to allow us to process the relevant claim, pay any benefit due and deal with any incidental matters arising out of a claim, eg any complaint that might be made.
If we don't receive all the necessary personal information, including relevant opinions, we may not be able to process the claim.
If you provide your email address or mobile telephone number to us, you consent to us using your email address to email you and/or your mobile telephone number to telephone or SMS you for any of the purposes listed above. All emails will be sent to the most current email address provided to us.
The personal information we receive during the claim process will be disclosed to the Fund administrator, Mine Wealth and Wellbeing Services Pty Ltd, and the Fund’s insurer. It may also be disclosed in relevant circumstances to:
- our regulators APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC
- where there is a complaint - the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal, Financial Ombudsman Service or Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- limited third party service providers, such as the Fund auditor, IT infrastructure and service providers.
Your personal information may be disclosed to those third parties for the purposes set out above and, in carrying out the purpose, such third parties may contact you directly. In some circumstances, these third parties may disclose personal information they collected from you back to us for one or more of the purposes already mentioned.
We'll hold and use all personal data collected from such persons or organisations about you in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- access and seek correction to your personal information
- make a privacy complaint and how we will deal with any complaint you make.
5. Contacting us
This Privacy Collection Notice is produced by AUSCOAL Superannuation Pty Ltd. If you have any privacy queries please feel free to contact us at:
Telephone: 13 MINE (13 64 63), Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (AEST or AEDT when in operation)
Postal address: PO Box 9, Newcastle, NSW 2300