We collect personal information about you, including sensitive information, while you have your super with us. This Privacy Collection Notice explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
The personal information we collect
- Your employer gives us such as information about your super contributions, information we need to set up your account (if it’s been set up automatically after your employer sent a super contribution to us) and in some instances, your salary.
- You provide us in forms, such as your name, date of birth, contact details, occupation, salary and bank account details.
- You provide us when using our website, including when you log in to your online member account.
- You provide us when you contact us, such as by email, phone, face-to-face, etc.
- You provide us to take part in competitions, promotions or surveys.
- Collected from third parties, for example, your new address.
- Collected by organisations we use in managing the Fund, for example, our insurers or organisations we ask to do member surveys for us.
We’re authorised under various laws, including the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act, Corporations Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act and the Insurance Contracts Act, to collect personal information about you.
What we use your personal information for
We collect your personal information for superannuation and other related reasons, for example, to allow us to follow the law and let you know about other services and products that might be available to you as someone with an account with us.
This includes things like managing your account, processing your super contributions, dealing with your enquiries and complaints, paying a benefit to you and running promotions and competitions. We might also use your personal information for market research and to ask you how we can improve our products and services.
If you don't give us all the personal information we ask for, we might not be able to accept your super contributions, pay you benefits or investigate your complaints. We might also not be able to provide you with products and services that best meet your needs.
If you give us your email address or mobile number, we'll assume you allow us to use these to contact you. You therefore need to make sure they're up to date.
Who we give your personal information to
Sometimes we need to give some of your personal information to government agencies, regulators and to other companies and organisations we use to help us manage the Fund and your account.
We'll only give them the information about you they need to perform their work. When doing this work, these organisations might contact you. If they collect personal information from you and then send it to us, we'll manage this information in line with this Privacy Collection Notice.
These companies, organisations and other parties include, but not limited to:
- Mine Wealth and Wellbeing Services Pty Ltd, which is the company that administers the Fund and your account
- anyone you've asked or allowed us to send your personal information to
- government regulators – APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC
- the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- where there is a complaint, the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal, Financial Ombudsman Service or Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
- organisations that provide us with specialist or professional services, such as mail houses, market research and survey organisations, IT companies, auditors, etc
- in limited circumstances, your employer
- in family law matters, your spouse
- other super funds you ask us to transfer your super to.
We might give some of your personal information to companies and organisations in the United States (US). We'll only use US companies and organisations that have adopted International Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, which generally set out rules to protect your personal information.
For more information about the personal information we send overseas and how your personal information is protected, call us on 13 MINE (13 64 63).
It provides you with information about how you can:
- view and ask us to correct your personal information
- make a privacy complaint and how we'll deal with your complaints.
This Privacy Collection Notice is produced by AUSCOAL Superannuation Pty Ltd. If you have any privacy questions, you can contact us at:
Phone: 13 MINE (13 64 63), Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm (AEST or AEDT when in operation)
Post: PO Box 9, Newcastle, NSW 2300