Apply for insurance

Our insurance helps protect you and your family against financial hardship in the event something happens to you. We offer Death and Terminal Illness, Total and Permanent Disablement, and Income Protection insurance. 

There are advantages to having insurance inside super such as competitively negotiated premiums with our insurer which are then automatically deducted from your super account so you don’t have to worry about factoring these in to your normal budget. For an overview of the insurance we offer and to see if it’s right for you, read our Insurance in super factsheet.

Fill in

Complete all your details.


Return your completed form by:


We’ll send your application to our insurer so they can assess it. If we have any questions about your application, we’ll get in contact with you.

Opt-in to keep your insurance

You can elect to also opt-in to keep your insurance even if your account becomes inactive (that is, a contribution hasn’t been credited to your account for 16 months or more). Why opt-in? Opting-in for insurance cover allows you to keep your current and any future insurance cover if your account becomes, or is already, inactive. Even if you opt-in, we’ll still send you reminders about the insurance you have with us and you can cancel your insurance at any time.

Simply download the form below to opt-in for insurance.

Please note: If you choose to opt-in for insurance, you won’t be eligible for a refund of premiums if you cancel your cover as you’ve elected to have this insurance on your account.


Keep in mind

Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for insurance with Mine Super, your employer must be making contributions into your Mine Super account or your account balance must be at least $5,000.

There are limits on how much insurance you can apply for. The cost of this insurance will depend on your gender, age, occupation, benefit payment periods, waiting periods and whether you smoke. For more information about cover options read our Product Disclosure Statement and Insurance Guide.

Transfer cover
There are risks you should consider when transferring your existing cover, such as the loss of any accrued benefits, the possibility of waiting periods having to start again and the implications if you don't disclose all relevant information on an application (even if unintentional). 

If you’re unsure, don’t forget we’re here to help. You can give us a call on 13 64 63 or email If your needs are more complex, we can put you in touch with a financial adviser from Mine Super Financial Advice. 

There might be times in the future when your insurance is cancelled or changed in line with the normal terms and conditions of our insurance, for example you reach the maximum age to have our insurance. You can find out more by reading the Product Disclosure Statement and Insurance Guide at Importantly, one of the best ways to keep your insurance is to make regular contributions to your account. The easiest way to do this is to have your employer contribute the compulsory super they pay for you to your Mine Super account.