Change your existing cover
Transfer other insurance you have to Mine Wealth + Wellbeing
You can apply to transfer your existing death, total and permanent disablement and income protection insurance you have with another super fund or life insurer to your Mine Wealth + Wellbeing Super account without a full medical and lifestyle check. Conditions apply.
Increase your insurance by up to $100,000 after a significant life event
You can apply to increase your DTI and TPD insurance by up to $100,000 within 180 days of a significant life event. This extra insurance will be added to your account as voluntary DTI and TPD insurance.
You can apply to do this up to three times, but only once within a 12 month period, if:
- you get a mortgage
- you have a baby
- you get married
- your dependent child starts high school
- you complete an undergraduate degree
- you become a carer
- you get divorced
- your spouse dies.
Tailor your Income Protection insurance, change your Voluntary insurance, tell us your job and more
Use this form to:
- change the waiting or benefit payment period on your Income Protection insurance
- tell us your salary. If we don't know your salary, we'll use a salary of $80,000 pa, excluding super. It's important to tell us your salary because if your actual salary is less than this, you'll be covered only for your actual salary and may pay more for your insurance than you need to. If your salary is more than this you may not have enough cover for your needs
- tell us your job classification. Make sure you tell us your job classification. If you don't we'll give you a 'mining' classification, so if you don't work in an underground mine for more than 5% of total work time you could pay more for your insurance than you need to
- reduce your voluntary insurance
- update your smoking status.
If within 60 days of the date of your welcome letter you:
- increase your salary
- change your waiting period to 30 days
- change your benefit payment period to five years
you'll be covered for any existing sicknesses you have at them time you make these changes and won't be charged more if you smoke.
Convert Basic Insurance Cover to voluntary insurance
Convert your Basic Insurance Cover to Voluntary Insurance Cover form
Cancel your insurance
If you cancel your Basic Insurance Cover and we receive your cancellation form within 90 days of your account starting, we'll re-credit any premiums we've already deducted from your account. If you cancel your Basic Insurance Cover you can't opt back in later.
If you cancel your Voluntary DTI and TPD insurance you'll need to have your health assessed if you want to add it to your account again in the future.
If you cancel your IP insurance and we receive your cancellation form within 90 days of your account starting, we'll re-credit any premiums we've already deducted from your account. If you cancel your IP insurance and decide later to have it, you’ll have to reapply and you’ll not be covered for any existing sicknesses and injuries you had at the time you reapply for this insurance.