Mine Wealth + Wellbeing has expanded its investment team
Mine Wealth + Wellbeing has largely completed the planned expansion of its investment team. The team will reach 10 over the next few months as new starters come on board.
Brief details of the new hires:
- Dr Marius Matei has joined in the role of Senior Quantitative Analyst (Asset Allocation). Marius joins us from University of Tasmania
- Dr Adam Shao has started in the role of Senior Quantitative Analyst (Retirement Outcomes). Adam was previously at the University of New South Wales
- Winnie Ramos will join as Investment Operations Analyst. Winnie joins us from AMP Capital
- Paul Ranocchiari will join the investment team as a Senior Investment Analyst. Paul previously worked at Barwon Capital
- Robert Graham-Smith will also join the investment team as a Senior Investment Analyst. Robert joins us from Perpetual
The Fund’s Chief Investment Officer, David Bell, is enthusiastic about the expanded team structure and the new team members.
‘The model is unique in that the investment team houses traditional investment activities, as well as investment operations and retirement outcome research in the one team’ he said.
‘This creates a strong platform for delivering retirement outcomes for our members.’
‘But you need good people to make the model work well. I am very excited about the people joining the team.’
Mr Bell went on to say ‘The industry faces a confluence of challenges and market conditions remain complex. There are regulatory and industry pressures to reduce fees but there is also the challenge to evolve offerings to improve retirement outcomes for members. We have a model which ensures all aspects of managing our members’ savings, from product design through to trade instructions are integrated. We believe the interaction between these areas of focus will result in better outcomes for our members.’