Exciting opportunity available for a new entrant into financial planning.
Why work for us?
At Mine Wealth + Wellbeing (Mine) we believe the work we deliver is just as important as the way we deliver it. Mine has been delivering retirement outcomes for Australians for the past 75 years. Be part of our ongoing success and growth to deliver exceptional retirement outcomes for our members which achieve peace of mind along the way. At Mine, we promote a positive workplace culture through a genuine commitment to our members and alignment with our values of trust, service, integrity, excellence and collaboration. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a friendly and engaged team in an environment geared to bring out your best by leveraging the passion and knowledge of our people and deploying resources in the best interests of our members.
What you will be doing
This role is responsible for the delivery of scaled personal advice via telephone and video conference to Mine Wealth + Wellbeing members which is aligned with Mine Wealth + Wellbeing’s Strategy and key business outcomes. Based in our Brisbane Office, this role reports to the Manager, Financial Advice (Qld).
More specifically, this role is required to:
- Deliver personal (scaled) financial advice to members of Mine Wealth + Wellbeing Superannuation Fund (video conference and telephone advice);
- Ensure effective communication with members to develop strong client relationships;
- Comply with Fund, regulatory, and licensing requirements in delivery of advice;
- Assist with the delivery of ongoing member advice communication and education, including seminars and workshops;
- Use all approved financial planning tools available to prepare clear and concise Statements of Advice to members;
- Work with Advice Support team to enable the preparation of advice that meets licensing compliance requirements;
- Ensure all advice documents are accurate prior to presentation to the member;
- Maintain client files in accordance with the agreed business processes;
- Respond to day-to-day service or advice related queries from members either by telephone, video conference;
- Satisfy requirements of the annual training plan and maintain CPD register;
- Research and maintain technical knowledge of products and trends in financial planning, investment markets, industry and legislative changes to allow for the provision of complex superannuation and non-superannuation advice.
Who we’re looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for a new entrant into financial planning. You will have the support of working within a small group of senior financial advisers, fully supervised and professionally coached. The role will be expanded (along with your knowledge and skills) to deliver holistic financial advice as part of your career development.
- Completion of Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning qualifications in financial planning (Mandatory)
- Bachelor Degree in Financial Planning or relevant discipline (Desired)
- Completion of specialist advice training, eg. SMSF, Equities, estate planning (Desired)
- RG146 compliant (Mandatory)
- Current drivers licence (Mandatory)
Essential Experience Profile
- A genuine interest and passion for improving customer experiences, especially through advice channels
- Desire to be part of a collaborative team and gain exposure to / be involved in strategy and initiatives across business lines
- Ability to demonstrate measurable results from efforts
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence across teams which need to deliver/support initiatives
- Advanced IT skills, able to efficiently and effectively use all Microsoft Office programs and business specific software, continually upskill on software required to perform role
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality personal advice;
- 5 years financial planning experience;
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Demonstrates superior conflict resolution skills and the capacity to handle difficulties in a calm and positive manner;
- Excellent understanding of superannuation and financial services industry;
- Willingness to continually update knowledge;
- Superior communication skills both verbally and written;
- Ability to co-ordinate workflow and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity
please submit your covering letter and resume by using the Apply Now button.
Please be aware that it is a requirement of this position that background checks are completed. The background checking process includes reference checking and validation of employment; proof of qualifications; proof of rights to work within Australia; and a police check.
Mine is seeking applications directly from internal applicants only. Agency or external submissions will not be accepted.